Monday 24 August 2009

Terrible weather, great crafting

What awful weather we've had to day, it's been so dark and wet. The poor children haven't been able to go out much today but they've been really good and kept their self's entertained one way or another which gave me the chance to make some cards.
I spent a lot of time over the weekend trying out different ways to colour in stamps, pencils, watercolour pencils, inks, my whisper pens I just couldn't get it right. I even went to our local craft store to find something I could use and I came across those wonderful makers you all rave on about but one, my budget really couldn't stretch that far at the moment and two, I didn't really get on with them when I tried them in the shop. Anyway what I'm saying is I think it will be a while before I'm a stamping queen like oodles of you are.
So I guess this means I'll have to make do and use all my old stuff I still have from when I use to make cards a few years ago.
I did purchase the new Popcorn Bear Christmas cd and the Candy doodles cd from Polka Doodles which hopefully will give me some new inspiration.
Ok here's my efforts from today.

First a few of cards made with elements from the Popcorn cd

My first attempt at a swing card

This next card was made from the Marvel set I also purchase not long ago, it's great for boys and men alike.


This one I made with just some stuff from my stash

That's me done for now so thanks for coming by a taking a look.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! These are all just awesome.. Very beautiful work..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete